Welcome to Fishing With David Pyle
As a Licensed Fishing Guide/Outfitter in the state of Oregon I hold a US Coast Guard OUPV Captains License and I’m certified by the Red Cross in first aid/CPR. My license permits me to guide in lakes, rivers, coastal bays, and the ocean. My experience includes fishing for Salmon, Steelhead, and Sturgeon in Oregon rivers and the ocean over the last 22 years. For the past five years I’ve been providing “Guided Educational Fishing Trips” for beginning/intermediate fishermen that want to improve their fishing skills. Guiding is a part time occupation for me but I manage to fish close to 100 trips per year.
I fish out of a twenty-two foot Duckworth Pacific Navigator outfitted with autopilot and Garmin electronics. My boat is very clean and I use quality rods and reels with the best bait/lures available. Safety is a priority so I encourage everyone on board to wear a Personal Floatation Device. During most of my guided trips I make a video which I will post on my Youtube channel. If you would not like to be included in a published Youtube video please alert me when you book your trip. The only thing you should bring is appropriate clothing and something to eat/drink.
Guided Educational Fishing Trips
- Seven hour guided fishing trip. $250 per person with a two person minimum.
- Pre-trip phone interview to determine your fishing goals.
- Each trip is customized to teach the basics or improve on what you already know.
- Topics covered include: understanding fish behavior, bait vs. hardware, flasher choice, assessing where to fish, depth, how much weight to use, trolling speed, and how to prepare for a fishing trip.
- My goal to help you improve your fishing skills and I will be available to help you post guided trip.